Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Slow Fade

I added the song "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns to my playlist last night. This song summarizes alot of my thoughts this past week. I found out a week ago that a high school classmate of mine committed suicide. Tom left behind a wife and a two year old son. The line of the song that says " daddy's never crumble in a day" made me wonder about his slow fade. Was it subtle, how long had it been going on, could it have been stopped? I have a heavy heart tonight knowing that his family will lay him to rest tommorrow. I pray for his family to be comforted, I pray that their faith in God is strengthened rather than defeated. Lord please protect his son and help him know that you always provide a way out no matter what the problem. Thankyou Lord for the blessing of my family and help me to recognize the slow fades that could be happening around me.

No comments: