Thursday, July 23, 2009

VBS 2009

Last week Abby and Will attended VBS at the church where they attended pre-school. Our church does not offer a traditional VBS so I really wanted my kids to experience all the great fun I had as a kid at VBS. The theme this year was Flight School: Faithfully Living in God's Holy Truth. The kids learned scripture, songs and loved watching the drama team act out a story each day. I've attached some video of the kids singing one of the songs, the song was based on Hebrews 12:1 and the kids were encouraged to get rid of what drags you down. I love that we have a VBS CD so the kids and I can continue to sing about the truths they learned over the week. I am so grateful for the men and women who devoted so much time and energy into making VBS such a successful week. Abby and Will had tennis lessons that morning so Abby wanted to stay in her tennis outfit for VBS, her best friend Regan is right next to her. I was impressed that Will was singing, he doesn't always want to participate but I am so glad he did.

No comments: