Monday, September 8, 2008

Crucified with Christ

I added this song to my blog about two weeks ago. I had just figured out how to create a playlist and was trying to think of songs I wanted and this one just popped in my head. I hadn't heard it in a while but something prompted me to find it. Then this Sunday at church our worship leader sang a solo of this song. After he sang it I remember thinking this is so cool, I love it when I can truly "sense" God's presence in my life. I know he's always there but sometimes God blesses me with a clear "Hello, are you paying attention to me". Nobody but God could orchestrate the use of this song in the past two weeks.

Our pastor proceeded to elaborate on this topic of being crucified with Christ. He used Luke 9:23-24 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it" and Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me". From these verses and Pastor Brad's sermon I was able to come away with two key points. First of all, the cross is about surrendering to the executions that advance my spiritual life. Basically I need to find those things, people or thoughts that are hindering my spirit life and remove them from my life. Although this seems a daunting task at times, I can be comforted by the second take home lesson-the need for daily surrender of all I am for all that he is. Christ has not asked me to do anything that he hasn't done and he lives within me to strengthen me as I do it.

Thankyou Lord for dying on the cross, thankyou that you made a way for me to know you and be part of your forever family. Help me to discern those things that need cleared away and help me to deny myself daily. Thankyou for revealing yourself so clearly and so personally to me these past two weeks. Thankyou for breathing the words of "Crucified with Christ" to Phillips,Craig and Dean so I could be reminded not only of your ultimete sacrifice but the sacrifice required in my own life as well.

No comments: