Monday, September 15, 2008

You Alone

Well God did it again, I don't know why I am so surprised each time God chooses to make his presence known to me so personally. God is totally working on me through music. Last week he used "Crucified with Christ"(see previous post) and this week he used "You Alone" (David Crowder Band version on my blog). Two Sundays in a row God has blessed me with a worship service of praise that has knocked my socks off. How amazing is a God that chooses to allow us to recieve so much joy from praising him. Standing there praising my father and savior for his goodness I also got to proclaim that "I'm Alive, I'm Alive, I'm Alive".

Each day I need to be grateful for the breath God has given me and the blessings he has bestowed on me. It is so easy to get bogged down with the worries and concerns of life that you forget to be grateful that you were given life in the first place. I remember thinking after singing the words of this song how insignificant the Buckeye Loss was compared to the truths I just proclaimed. Lord help me never to forget that You alone created me, You alone are good, that You alone made a way for me. Help me to take the joy that I feel when I am praising you on Sundays and reflect that in my everyday life. Help me to share the joy I feel with others in a real and pratical way. Help me model that joy for my children. Thank you that I am alive in you forever.

No comments: