Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I have a first grader!!!



Abby started first grade yesterday, I can't believe how brave she was and that she is gone all day now. It is such a huge leap from 2.5 hours a day to 6.5 hours a day but she handled it like a champ.



Here she is with her good friends Regan and Elizabeth, we took a picture exactly like this last year, it is so cute to see how they have grown.

Abby was a little nervous leading up to the start of school because she was worried about being at school so long. Once we got to school though she found her friends and was literally pulled into the building by them, she was smiling the whole time.

I can't believe she is such a big girl. I always hear don't wish away those baby years because you will never get them back. Yet in the midst of having two small children I remember looking forward to the day when they would be able to go to pre-school so I could have a little break. I think you are so overwhelmed sometimes when your children are little that even though you know you shouldn't wish them to get older, sometimes you can't help it. Now as I ponder her going into first grade I tear up at the fact that she won't be little again. I look ahead and instead of wishing her more independent I want her to stay right where she is at. I am so thankful for this little girl and all the joy she brings to my life. I pray for wisdom to guide her to be a daughter of Christ and to always cherish the blessings each day with her brings. Thank you for this gift Lord.

No comments: