Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Be the Match!!

A little over a week ago our church hosted a bone marrow donor drive. It was very powerful as 70+ people from our church signed up. I have always toyed with the idea of being a donor, I know from several blogs I follow how critical the need is but I never felt that "God Moment" telling me to pursue it or maybe I did but I chose to brush it aside. It was interesting when our pastor first mentioned it to the congregation, as he had become aware of a mother who knew someone in our congregation who was in need of a bone marrow transplant. I prayed about the choice God would have me make that day and then relaxed down to watch Extreme Home Makeover that night. Wouldn't you know that on that very episode a woman who was cured by a bone marrow transplant was featured and they brought her donor to help rebuild their house. It was truly a moving moment and a prod in the right direction.

Later when they announced the date of the actual sign up it happened to be the Sunday our kids were with the grandparents, allowing us to take the 15 minutes or so to fill out the paperwork and do the cheek swabs without two kids begging us to go. So I anxiously await to see how God uses our church to literally save a life. Thankyou God for the clear signs pointing me to your character and your desire for me to give something that isn't really mine to give. I pray that more people will pray about the decision to be a bone marrow donor. I pray for those who continue to battle bravely severe illness and those heroes who give of their time, energy to help them fight that battle. Thank you for your son Jesus Christ and the ultimate gift and sacrifice he made for all.

No comments: