Sunday, March 20, 2011

God is in control

To say last week was a rough week is an understatement. However, what seemed an overwhelming emotional week for our family is a drop in the bucket compared to what the Maloney family experienced. On Saturday March 12th their lives changed forever as their sweet son Noah died unexpectedly in a freak accident on a neighbor's slide. In an instant, Noah was gone and their family will never ever be the same. Noah was Will's age and attended kindergarten at our school. Noah's older sister is in Abby's second grade class, we had her over for a play date just a week before the accident. These situations are when Satan loves to pop those faith shaking questions in your mind. How is this good? Why did he choose Noah and not my child? I am so grateful that our faith, our God is bigger than any circumstance, that he allows us to know that he has suffered all things in order to be able to comfort us. I am so grateful this family has a faith to cling to and I pray that they continue to see God's faithfulness in the coming weeks, months, years.

There was a candlelight memorial on Wed night and it was so touching to see the communtiy come and show their support. To hear the words of our Lord offered as a comfort. I thought this poem they read was very touching.

I'll lend you for a little while a child of mine God said
For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he's dead
It may be six or seven years or forty two or three
But will you 'til I call him back take care of him for Me
He'll bring his ways to gladden you and should his stay be brief
You'll always have his memories as a solace for your grief
I cannot promise he will stay as all from earth return
But there are lessons taught below that I want you all to learn
I've looked this whole world over in My search for students true
And from the folks that crown life's lane I have chosen you
Now will you give him all your love nor think labour vain
Nor hate Me when I come to take this lent child back again?
I fancied that I heard them say Dear Lord Thy Will be done
For all the joys Thy child will bring the risk of grief we'll run
We'll shelter him with tenderness we'll love him while we may
And just for having loved him forever grateful stay.
Author unknown at this time.

So please pray for the Maloney family as they try to process life without their sweet little boy. Pray for the family whose house the accident happened at, they are devastated as well. Pray for the families at Bailey elementary as their hearts are broken as well and that we may all reach out and be able to comfort and serve them as they try to get back to their new normal. Pray that we enjoy every moment with them and learn from their innocence and sweet laughter. May I always remember that all good gifts come from God, including my children. May we all be able to say "Dear Lord Thy Will be Done" and hear "Well Done Good and Faithful Servant".

No comments: