Thursday, April 14, 2011

Too Cute!



My eight year old daughter Abby is really coming into her own style. She and I went shopping recently and I noticed how her clothing choices have started to branch out a little. She has always loved skirts and dresses and anything girly but recently she has been exploring the whole leggings with shorts or leggings with skirts thing. She picked out this hat too and I thought it looked adorable on her. I always want Abby to feel confident in her choice of style. I love that she still wants my help picking out clothes but that she is also becoming a little more independent in so many ways.

Abby has always been fearful to to do things by herself. She never wanted or desired to go to the bathroom by herself in a restaurant, she didn't want to be dropped off for any practice at the door but always wanted me to walk her in. Lately she has started to show signs of confidence and maturity that are really a treat to watch. I love the balance she displays of being independent when appropriate but not trying to be more mature or older than she is. I think second grade has been a great confidence building year and I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Thank you Abby for being the sweetest daughter I could ever ask for. The joy and pride I feel in being bestowed the honor of being your mom is immeasurable. Our God knew how much we needed each other and I am forever grateful. I love you!!

No comments: