Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Love my kids!

Well tonight was parent teacher conferences for Abby and Will. I am always amazed at my kids, how God is using them in their classrooms. So much focus is on academics these days and I agree it is important. However tonight the first words from each of my kids teachers was about their hearts and their character. How blessed do I feel. Now am I saying my kids are perfect, no way! Am I saying I am proud and want to give God the glory for the work in their lives, FOR SURE!!!

Both kids are right where they should be for their age and I left feeling confident in their teachers and the school they attend. Most of all I felt confident in my God and how he is shaping their character at such a young age. I am grateful for the positive feedback my kids received, I am grateful for the areas the teacher identified where they can continue to improve. How cool as a parent to witness the transformation of your children. To watch them grow into their own personalities, see them bloom where they are planted. I am excited in what God is doing in their lives and consider it a true privilege to be their mother.

I don't want to be boastful but I want my kids to know how proud of them I am. I tell them often but having it written down for them to look back on when they are older I hope will be very encouraging.

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

No comments: