Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I love you

Its funny how three simple words can completely change your mood. I am in the middle of potty training my son and it is not going as smoothly as I remembered with my daughter. What ever the reason may be it just isn't a priority for my son right now, so I am a little frustrated with the progress.
Today we had two "accidents" and I was a little peeved by the time the second one occurred and my son picked up on this. We had a talk about needing to be a big boy and using the potty and I told him I was sorry for getting so upset and he looks at me and says "I love you so much". I laughed so hard, because he was so cute when he said it and the timing couldn't have been better for either of us. He needed to get out of being in trouble and I needed forgiveness for getting so upset and that little phrase did the trick for both of us.
Thankyou God for loving me and allowing me to love others. What a gift to recieve love and give love. Its amazing that God's love is unconditional no matter what I do, or don't do, but sometimes its hard to see that in real life. My son's ability to love me so much even when I am having a bad day is God's way of showing his love for me as well. Lets not forget the power of these three, or sometimes 5, little words

No comments: