Friday, June 6, 2008

Great News!!!!!

Today I was so very fortunate to recieve the news that my recent breast biopsy was negative. My husband and I were pretty sure that this would be the case but there is always that element of fear and doubt that creeps around. I felt like we really trusted God and his plan for my health and I did have a peace about it. Of course part of me also wondered if God's plan would be different then what I hoped for and would I really be strong enough to trust him if the outcome was different. Everytime I saw something about breast cancer this week I thought, was I supposed to see this because it is preparing me for having breast cancer. As I look back at the events of this week I see God providing specific answers to my specific prayers. The doctors and staff handled my case just the way I had prayed about and even though the biopsy was a little scary, what a peace of mind it has now provided for me.


I don't want to forget this time I had with God where he provided specifically for my needs and he gave me a peace I know I would not have had without him. I also don't want to forget how easy it was for Satan to creep into my thoughts trying to discourage me from trusting in the one who created me. I tell you that the love I felt for my two children and husband this week was overflowing. The possibility of having cancer made me cling to them more than ever and what a sweet time of hugs,kisses and bonding we had this week. How good is it of God to give me such a special blessing during an uncertain time


I pray today for each person who got the phone call today from their doctor and did not recieve the news they had been hoping and maybe even praying for. May they recieve comfort from the only one who can truly provide it. May they recieve blessings they never would have seen or recognized because of this journey they are about to embark on. Thankyou Father for your words of comfort: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: