Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This makes me happy

I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, it really is an amazing, perspective altering book. I just finished Chapter 4 and am getting ready to start my list of 1000 things that bring me joy so I can recognize the gifts that God is giving me every day. There are so many great points in this book so I encourage you to check the book out for yourself or head over to (in)courage and get caught up. You will be blessed.

So as I start tonight thinking about what brings me joy, I remembered this photo I took on my cell phone last May. I was driving through an unfamiliar neighborhood and I see this cute older couple out for a walk and they are holding hands. It just warmed my heart to see their affection and so I snapped a picture in my sideview mirror. This is what I want Mike and I to be like when we are 80+ and out for a walk. Thank you Lord for the blessing of companionship.

No comments: