Monday, February 21, 2011

John 3:16

"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONE AND ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE." JOHN 3:16

About two weeks ago was Will's last wrestling tourney. Mike took Will there for warmups and Abby and i joined them later. When I saw Will he was pale as a ghost and on the verge of tears. HE WAS SUPER NERVOUS!! This was the league championship and there were so many people there. I felt sick to my stomach, I didn't want my baby boy to be scared about wrestling or competition, I wanted him to have fun. I start thinking in my head, how do I handle this. Then I look down and I see this written on his hand.



In wrestling the kids get put in brackets and this was Will's for the day. So I told him the importance of that Bible verse and how God loves him so much. I was so grateful for the opportunity to share scripture with Will as comfort. His first match ended in a forfeit and he lost the next two. However he wrestled great despite the fact he had to wrestle the #1 and #2 wrestlers.




Mike got to coach a few of the kids because they were short coaches. Mike is on one knee by the table and Will is on his knees looking a little bored.



Here Will is sitting on Mike's lap as they await his next match. What great Daddy/son bonding:)




Lastly this was God again letting his presence and comfort be known. Abby and I attended church before we headed to the mat. I saw that she got a red heart ornament but I did not read what it said. When we got home after the tourney I looked at it and wouldn't you know it said GOD LOVES YOU on one side and JOHN 3:16 on the other side. Only God could orchestrate the events of that day and how gracious of him to reveal his love to my family.

No comments: