Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Song

Last night Mike and I were fortunate enough to go out to dinner sans kids. Our neighbor(who is Mike's cousin) offered to babysit our kids so we could have a date night. We had a wonderful time at the Bonefish Grill and the kids got to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox and eat Mcdonalds. When we picked the kids up we found out that the kids had wanted to write songs. Here is what Abby wrote:

My teacher's name is Miss Perry. She is pretty and likes hot pink. I really like my teacher Miss Perry.

She performed this while stroking keys on the piano.

Here is what Will wrote:

No one has seen God, but he is in our hearts, Yeah! He is so sweet to us. Thankyou for dying on the cross for us God, but he is in our hearts, Yeah! Oh Yeah, thankyou for dying on the cross for us God, Yeah!

He peformed this song will banging a pencil on the piano to keep the beat.

I am so grateful for the songs Will learns at BSF and Church. I know this song he made was a combination of all the biblical truths he has learned because people were willing to give of their time and teach him. There is no greater gift then knowing that your children have chosen to love God, and I know that both Abby and Will love God.

I wanted to preserve this memory for my kids to look at when they are older but also as a reminder of God's promise. Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

No comments: