Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together!

Any A-team fans out there? Well I am not talking about my plan but of God's. I had mentioned earlier this week about studying the book of John for BSF and how my pastor taught on the same book at church on Sunday. Little did I know after that post that God was not done re-affirming the importance of the book of John in my life.

Today I went to the bookstore to pick up two books. I have recently re-discovered the joy of reading books again, that is books that aren't geared towards a 5 and 7 year old. I had heard about a bible study going on at Angie's blog called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I had wanted to participate in it but thought with BSF starting I would not have time. So I didn't get the book but I have watched bits of the video portion Angie and her friend have posted on the first two chapters. So today as I am looking for the book "What Difference do it Make?" by Ron Hall,I came across what else but Crazy Love. I thought to myself, God must want me to read this book so I might as well get it.

Fast forward to tonight, I decide to go ahead and read the first chapter of this book. First of all, if you think you are in awe of our God now, please go to the crazy love website and watch the video called "Awe Factor". If you thought God was big, you haven't even scratched the surface. As I read the first chapter I came across this verse, Colossians 1:16 "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." While the verse is amazing itself, even more amazing is that I just studied this verse this morning as part of my BSF homework. This was not a coincidence or chance, it was a total God thing. How great of him to confirm to me that I am inside of his will. Being in God's word is blessing enough but that he would take the time to guide me to the passages he wants me to be in is simply breath taking.

I can't wait to see what God is going to reveal to me over the next few months. I am only two weeks into BSF and 1 Chapter into Crazy Love and I feel like shouting from my rooftop all that God has taught me. God is good, all the time, all the time he is good. Thanks God for being ever present in my journey to know more of you.

No comments: