Monday, September 28, 2009

Crazy Love Ch. 2

Here are just a few quotes I highlighted from reading Ch. 2 of Crazy Love by Francis Chan.

*On the average day, we forget that our life truly is a vapor.(James 4:13-14)

*When I am consumed with my problems...I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice. In other words, that I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities.

*The point of your life is to point to him.

*A.W. Tozer once said "A man by his sin may waste himself, which is to waste that which on earth is most like God. This is man's greatest tragedy and God's heaviest grief."

***So who are you pointing to? What direction is your life pointing at? Are you consumed with things that reveal the glory of God or only things that complete your own agenda? I know I need daily reminders to stop being selfish and living a life that is all about me. What a great chapter to remind me of how easy I can lose my focus. I pray Lord that my thoughts,actions,words and time would be guided by you, that your will is done and not just squeezed into my check off list. Help me to be, as Francis Chan's book says "Overwhelmed by a relentless God" every day.

**For more discussion on Crazy Love check out this website http://bloomcommunity.ning.com/

No comments: