Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pursuit of What

"America's political system used to be about the pursuit of happiness. Now more and more of us want to stop chasing it and have it delivered." Jonah Goldberg

With all the talk(scare tactics) about the need for the bailout, I found this line in the book Liberal Facism to be very timely and accurate. I am not an expert on the economy but I do know that if I don't pay my bills, or if I overspend, I alone am responsible for it. This makes me wonder what has happened to accountability in this country. I am praying for this country like never before that the leaders will seek the wise council of our heavenly father. Help me God to know my place in all this. Not only how I can pray for my country but how I can be of service to it.

If anyone else is feeling lost in the process and is wondering how to be involved in shaping the future of our country please checkout glennbeck.com. Click on the current events tab at the top and check out "we surround them". Glenn is helping to start a grass roots effort to help thoose of us who have principles we want to see upheld. Check it out and if you agree with 7 of the 9 principles listed he wants you to email your picture to wesurroundthem@gmail.com. Wishing everyone a fruitful week.

No comments: