Thursday, January 13, 2011

Praying for strangers

I am amazed at the blogging world. In a moment you come across a blog, a story, a prayer request and you feel instantly connected to them and they have no idea that you even exist. I have been blessed to pray for so many strangers through facebook, twitter and blogging. I consider it pure joy to pray for others and even more joy that sometimes I get to see the fruits of those prayers because of the internet. Here are a few blogs that I have been following and praying for, some for awhile and some just recently.

Kellys Korner Blog- Kelly's little girl Harper was born two years ago. She was born they thought without complications and then within minutes things turned for the worse. Harper is now healthy and expecting to be a big sister very soon.

Our Journey to Love- Adrienne has three adopted children and after many losses finally became pregnant with Bennett. He was born very early and has had quite a struggle but is now days away from heading home to be with his family. The strength of this family and their faith in God is definitely worth checking out.

Little Did I Know- I just started following this blog this past week and the story of the how the blogging world spread word so that this boy named Davids from Latvia could be adopted here in the US is amazing.

I know social media has it's drawbacks and can be all consuming, even become an idol. I however feel like it can also be such a blessing. I am grateful that I see God's handiwork all around me, including in the interesting world of the internet.

No comments: