Sunday, January 30, 2011

Abby's Future?



Yesterday Abby got to cheer and dance at Halftime of the Dublin Coffman basketball game. She had so much fun and got to wear a snazzy hot pink shirt. The lovely Coffman Cheerleaders offered an after school camp where they taught the girls a cheer, chant and dance. Then all the girls, over a 100, met on the court at halftime and performed. It was so fun to see Abby out there on the floor, I can only imagine if that might be part of her future. She loves cheerleading and I am so glad that she got to do this. Last year she did this as well but Mike was out of town and didn't get to see it. This year she showed off for many family and friends. I have some video but I am not sure how to work imovie yet to get it uploaded and edited.

It is crazy to think about who are kids will become. Today our pastor talked about how important it is to set boundaries with your kids as you parent and how those boundaries should be based on a target. The target for his children is that their kids would have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is our target as well and Mike and I are really having some great conversations lately on how we can better accomplish this. One other point our Pastor made was that we need to make sure we are not preventing our kids from being who God created them to be. I loved the verses he used today:

Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made....."


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."


I am so glad that God has known my kids before even Mike and I did. He so wants them to succeed at what he created them to do. I know we serve an amazing God and I am so excited to see what amazing thing he will have my little Abby and Will doing to serve him.

No comments: