Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Empty Me

Well since I have American Idol on the brain I got to thinking about the song "Empty Me" by Chris Sligh. I forgot that he was on american idol until I was looking up some song titles on 1049theriver.com and his picture popped up for this song. What a great opportunity this provided for him to launch his career and release such a powerful song. I am looking forward to getting on itunes and getting to know more of his music. Meanwhile enjoy the song on my playlist here or visit chrissligh.com for more info.

I have also fallen in love with the song "How Many Kings" by Downhere. The words are so thought provoking. Please listen to it on my playlist(track#2) and use it as a time to give Jesus the honor and praise he deserves. No one else has done what Jesus Christ has done for me, he gave up so much for me, a broken and sinful child. This is going to be my stop having a pity party for myself song. When I am feeling frustrated, misunderstood or under appreciated this song really puts it all in perspective. Imagine how Jesus must feel loving us who will always disappoint him, who will always underestimate him, who will always defy him and most definitely under appreciate him. What a blessing to be considered part of your family, to be included with THE KING because you love me enough to cover my sins. Thank you that you extend this love to everyone who acknowledges you as their Lord and Savior. Praying for those who do not know or haven't yet accepted this truth tonight.

1 comment:

Heather Conrad said...

Amen girl! I love this song, it hits me time and time again. Great posts lately, by the way. I will be praying for your requests, as well as in this waiting time for you. It's the hardest thing for me to do...wait, yet it's a good place to be when we can truly release our worry and enjoy the day in it's simplicity. The Lord has changed my direction in bible study (fun story), but maybe I'll "see" you another time. Have a great Sunday!