Monday, January 19, 2009

Goodbye President Bush

Well as I sit here on the eve of the inauguration of Barack Obama I can't help but think about the man whose office he will take. I can honestly say that I truly respect President Bush and wish him nothing but the best as he and his wife begin a new, hopefully more relaxing, chapter in their life. I know that there are policies I don't agree with, decisions made or not made that sometimes have frustrated me. However he has kept me and my family safe. After Sept. 11th 2001 it was the first time I actually feared what kind of life my future children would grow up in. Then five months later I found out I was pregnant and that fear still persisted in the back of my mind. I don't think anyone here on earth will ever truly know the daily burden he bore in trying to keep us safe. I am sure he agonized over the command he gave to send our troops into war and I know for a fact he did not take that decision lightly. As I pray for President Bush as he exits this office I will also pray for our future president. He will have some tough issues to lead this country through as well as raise two little girls. I feel fortunate to know that even though I will always respect and support our President, I need live for only one King, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you that your term as King never expires, that you always know the right decision and that you care for me and my family. We are safe at the feet of your Holy throne.

No comments: