Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Complaining

Anyone like to complain? I know I don't like to hear it but I often find myself doing it. My daughter Abby has been sick since Thursday night, as she got better today my son Will got sick last night. The past two nights I have gotten a total of 7 hours of sleep. So as I started to complain the other night and say" Lord I don't deserve this" I stopped myself. I thought don't deserve this, actually I deserve worse than this but by the grace of God I am safe in his forever forgiving arms. In BSF we are in Exodus and Numbers learning about the amazing journey of the Isrealites. It is so easy to judge them for their complaining but if I really think about it I complain just as much. In learning about their journey I have also realized that when I complain about something, anything I am actually complaining about God. How can I complain about the God who sent his only son to die for me. So while I know that it is impossible for me never to complain again, I can certainly do it less. I can also strive to complain less so I can model this to my children. So pity party is over, I am going to focas on that fact that my children are healthy other than a cold/fever, I know there are many moms out there who wish this was all they had to worry about for their kids. Thank you Lord for the blessings of my two children and may they learn to love you more and more each day as I do.

No comments: