Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sanibel 2009



Well we were fortunate enough to go to Sanibel again this year. This was Mike and I's 10th year together and Abby and Will have gone since birth. We always have a fabulous time but it is usually a ton of work because the kids have been little and required so much attention. I am happy to report that this was the first year it actually felt like a family vacation and I am forever grateful. Thanks to my inlaws for allowing us to come and stay with them in the condo they rent, it truly is a blessing. We stay at Pointe Santo and it is super family friendly. It has a pool for the kids, easy and quick beach access and a clubhouse with daily crafts for the kids. This year I ran into a mother of one of Abby's pre-K classmates from last year, how random is that.

The flight to Sanibel was perfect, we had a great parking spot, we didn't bring car seats this time(rented them for an unknowingly insane amount from AVIS, just got the bill!!), the kids pulled their own carry on bags and we ate dinner at the airport and the kids were perfect. We arrived Friday night this year instead of Saturday which was a huge advantage as we got all day Saturday to enjoy the Island. The kids loved the pool and swam well with their swim vests and Abby was even able to swim short periods of time without it. The water was very comfortable in the pool which made playing in the pool with the kids even that more enjoyable. Thankfully my father in law loves to swim and he helped alot in the pool as well. Mike's cousins also played in the pool with the kids and took pictures with their waterproof camera, hopefully I can post some of their awesome pics soon.


We were able to go out to eat with the kids several times this year because they are much easier to entertain now. Nona and Papa took the kids to Cheeburger Cheeburger, then we all went out to The Bubble Room on Captiva and The Sanibel Grill. All the food was great. Mike and I went out to eat with his sister and her husband one night to Traders and I got the Sea Bass, this was my first time trying Sea Bass and it did not dissapoint.

I will continue to post some more pictures and other funny stuff from our great trip in the next post.

1 comment:

Tootie said...

The kids look so cute with their rosey cheeks. :-) I would have guessed that one picture was taken at P.S. pool and the other at the Bubble Room. I know both places well. P.S. was always my favorite place stay, before moving here. Looks like you had a wonderful time.